It is a big problem for the people staying in areas that experiences snowfall in the winter. Snowfall covers the road and does not allows smooth transportation. These types of problems are widely seen in Europe, the USA, and its neighboring countries. However, this problem can be overcome by using the snowblower.
A snow blower is a machine that can clear snow up to 50 feet. It is an amazing machine that can clear roads, pavements, backyards and other places efficiently. However, the efficiency is depending upon the model of the snowblower. Using a snow blower is not an easy task. It needs efforts and techniques to use it efficiently. Using of snowblower also need strategies for choosing the proper path. Especially, it is difficult to use in wet snow. In this article, we shall discuss how to use a snowblower. Further, we shall also discuss the process of using snowblowers in wet snow.
How to Use a Snowblower?
Step 1: Checking and Analyzing Parts
- Before you start operating the snowblower you need to make adequate preparation to use it. If you keep the snowblower at the store in the offseason then it is obvious that the fuel tank will be empty. According to the recommendation you need to fill the tank with a mixture of gasoline and fuel stabilizer. This process makes the fuel tank away from oxidation which can affect the performance.
- If the fuel of last year is still in the fuel tank then remove it using a siphon. Do not pour new fuel over the existing fuel.
- Apart from this, you need to check the condition of the engine oil and the tire. There are possibilities of decaying of tire unless you are using metallic wheels.
- Before starting the snow blower you need to scan the entire pathway. There should not be any type of paper, branches and other elements in the pathway. These can block the snowblower and damage the entire machine.
- Make sure that there are no pets and children in the driveway. Snowblower also curls plants and herbs including small stones. In the case of a snowstorm, strategies several passes instead of a single swipe. Single swipe can only clear
snow about 15 to 16 inches. Small machines can swipe around 7 to 9 inches of snow at a time.
Step 2: Marking the Positions and Strategize
- You also need to choose a perfect position to throw the snow. There are two ways you can do so. You can place the snow on both side of the driveway. In this process, you need to start from the middle of the place you wish to clear and move towards the edges.
- In the second option, you can throw the snow to a particular side. In this process, you need to start the driveway from the opposite side of the place where you intend to throw the ice.
Step 3: Moving the snowblower
- Now you need to analyze the snow quality carefully. There might be snow that became hard as rock or glacier. You need to turn the snow blower slowly. As the snowblower reaches any pile or any stone-like structure then all you need to do is to lift up over the handle of the snowblower. This will make the snowblower pressurize over the pile. The force that you are providing over the pile will help to dig the mass efficiently. Repeat the same thing for the entire path carefully.
- It is very difficult to deal with a wet show. Many people ask the question that how to use the snowblower in wet snow. Wet snow is heavy in nature. It makes the snowblower heavy. It may cause injury to you if you do not handle it properly.
- You need to take less snow at a time while you are dealing with wet snow. You also have to move the snowblower more slowly to ensure you safely. If you move the snowblower faster in the wet snow then the machine may get damaged.
- You can divide the entire place into fragments before dealing with wet snow. The best practice is to take little snow at a time and keep it aside. Repeat this continuously. You can easily deal with wet snow.
The snowblower machine is very popular in northern countries. There are certain techniques and strategies to use this machine. You need to use this machine according to the quality of snow. Snowblowers have the capability of clearing 50 feet snow. However, the efficiency depends upon the model of the snowblower. You need to move the snowblower slowly for better results.
Clearing wet snow is a bit difficult task. In this process, you can feel that the snowblower getting heavy frequently. In this case, you need to clear the snow from the blower frequently.